Pumpkin Carving Contest
Love & Salt’s Socially-Distanced Pumpkin Carving Contest
October 18th- October 31st
The Halloween season has finally arrived, and we’re ready to cut straight to the heart of the holiday. If you're dying to pick up a knife and hack, slash, and jab at something, you’ll be excited to hear Love & Salt’s First Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest officially begins October 18th! Unleash your magical axes, psi blades, sharpened claws, and other creative cutlery to carve up a jack-o-lantern of impressive splendor.
To Enter the Contest:
1) Complete the Submission Form between October 18th to October 22nd
2) Upload the best photos possible of your carved pumpkin
3) Sign up to Drop-Off Pumpkin on October 22nd or October 23rd for the judges and to display your pumpkin on our outdoor dining deck.
4) Post your photo and tag @loveandsaltla on Instagram (Another fun way to display. Not required)
The award groups are for ages 3-6, 7-12, 13-17 and adults for each category. Winners will be announced on October 30th, so your kids (or adults) can pick up something special on Halloween.
BEST USE OF MATERIALS
MOST NEATLY STENCILED
Contest Rules & Tips:
- The winning entries will display originality, craftsmanship, and possibly humor.
- Your pumpkin must be lit up by a candle or other light source in your photo entry. You should include another photo of the pumpkin unlit.
- Try to take the best picture possible, as picture quality helps make a good impression on the judges.
- Make sure you tell us what the pumpkin is supposed to be in the caption, just in case it's not clear.
- Don't delay, start carving right away! But DON’T carve too soon that the pumpkin rots and is unable to be displayed.
- All entries must be labeled with the following information on the back of the pumpkin: name, address, phone number, and age category. Please state if a commercial stencil was used. Labels can be provided upon drop-off.
- This is a carved pumpkin contest only. Painted and decorated pumpkins are not eligible for judging. They will be retained for display however. ONE entrant per pumpkin only.
- The carved pumpkins must be able to stand without any support or back-prop. Inappropriate pumpkins will be disqualified.
- Appropriateness is at the discernment of the judges.
- Participants may use carving kits or commercial stencils; however, handmade stencils or free hand carvings will earn more creativity points in the judging.
- Once dropped off Love & Salt is not responsible for any damage that may occur to the pumpkins.
- Make sure to walk or drive by the outdoor dining deck to see the full display.
WHAT IS LOVE & SALT
Love & Salt is a story that begins with Cafe Pierre, a restaurant birthed by Guy Gabriele in 1977 to bring a taste of France to Los Angeles’ South Bay. While Cafe Pierre was a beloved part of the community for nearly 37 years, in 2014, Guy and his daughter Sylvie Gabriele, now the owner of Love & Salt, closed the restaurant to bring new life to the iconic space.
Love & Salt is a philosophy: that food needs only two ingredients to be great. It’s a sensibility that informs the feeling in the restaurant and the dishes on the menu — Italian-inspired with Southern California soul. An approachable wine list and classic cocktail program similarly reflect the vibrant SoCal setting of the restaurant, located just steps from the Manhattan Beach pier.
Private Dining at Love & Salt
Private Dining at Love & Salt is a fun way to host a group and give your guests a special experience. Our wine cellar is the perfect room for a private gathering up to 20 guests. Our Buyouts option is perfect for a private gathering up to 80 guests. We offer family-style service with menus that pair well with our extensive wine list and craft cocktails. To inquire click on the links below for information.
Where To Find The Best Non-Alcoholic Cocktails In LA
The top Los Angeles restaurant standbys of 2019
Game Day Eats With Love & Salt Chef Chris Feldmeier
Recipes - Croque Madame
Croque Madame - Home & Family - Video
Making Pici Pasta By Hand | Like A Chef
Duck Egg Pie
Go On, Drink Your Butter
Travel + Leisure
Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles’s Bustling Beach City
Design Dish: Love & Salt
10 great places to wine and dine in Manhattan Beach
Chef Michael Fiorelli Cooks! - Home & Family - Video
First Look Love & Salt in Manhattan Beach
How Love and Salt Became L.A.'s Best Restaurant Comeback Story
Try chef Michael Fiorelli’s ‘downlow burger’ for football game night
Love & Salt
InfoGet Directions to Love & Salt LA via Google Maps
Dinner: 5:00pm- 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday:
Dinner: 4:30pm- 11:00pm
Public parking in lot to rear of restaurant, throughout downtown and all along the streets.
Corkage fee is $25 per 750ml bottle. With a maximum of 2 bottles.